Inner Turmoils


I have a series of choices to make but when come down to the end, all I can make is only ONE decision.

The possible outcomes of Rebecca's career. And yes, diagrams make our life simpler.

Thus, the mother of all questions: Medicine or Pharmacy? Sometimes when I voiced out my wish to be a doctor, the reaction I got is somewhat similar to as how Elizabeth Blackwell's scenario. In a nutshell, most people think that women are not meant to be doctors.

Even if the prospect of studying medicine is eliminated away, Pharmacy itself is as complicated itself as the labyrinth. Which university should I go? To UK or Malaysia? Not only the Battle Of Profession is enraging, now there is constant Variation War going on.

Under the skirt of Medicine, there are not much choice to make. I shall explain.

  1. One word tells it all: PRICEY. Never mind if it's expensive, but on top that, I cannot afford at all. Good universities do not often come cheap.


  2. The best catch I could get for myself is INDIA, the country as complicated as CHINA itself. It would be fun to tackle the new challenges of the cultural web there but in case anything goes wrong, I shall be buried deep down in layers of indian norms, geography, history, politics and never ever get out of it.


  3. I don't need much reasons, having inadequate amount of finance is already a full stop to my dreams.
Being pro-pharmacy (at this moment), I have permutations after permutations to choose from: UK or IMU, then break more down to another two universities under the branch of UK.




Why IMU:

  1. Its pharmacy faculty is steel-strong, gaining recognition and high reputations from Universities all around the world. I myself can foresee that IMU will very soon outshine many universities in the world. NB-refers to pharmacy only. For Medicine, I am not sure.


  2. IMU not only produces pharmacists, but also prepares and expose students into postgraduate, while encouraging students to head their voyage further.


  3. Convenient and closer to home; all facilities are ready and all their students need to do is move in.


  4. i) I want to move in and live with Kah Yee. ii)I will be able to see P.Russ when he returns for holidays. And these are not stupid reasons.


  5. Lower tuition fees compared to UK , thus preparation for postgraduate trainings would be smoother.


  6. I can't really stand cold weather.

But, IMU may have its drawbacks too.

  1. Having to reach to high standards, rigorous regimes are enforced to ensure their students to study, study, study.(Look, this statement flowed out of the mouth of the dean himself. I think he's going to kill me soon.) Examinations are good, but if they are too frequent as how they were in college, personally it's not going to do any good to me. It'll only demotivate students and soon students might not take examinations as seriously as it should have been.


  2. I have the impression that its syllabus is rather modular, or similar. If constant tests are held right soon after lessons are taught and they will be included into my final scores, I am seriously a goner. I CAN'T JUST STUDY AND SIT FOR A TEST STRAIGHT AFTER!


  3. Nota Bene-These two reasons are enough to ruin my whole life from here.

How about UK?
  1. Nice four seasons to experience, that's thrilling enough to lure me there.


  2. Sunderland's syllabus are more into presentations and groupworks and though tough, the university has put in effort to ensure students venture into pharmacy without weighting down much pressure. Uni's life is supposed to be like this right??


  3. Got to experience another culture of its own.

So what's the problem?
  1. I'm not sure if the universities prepare their students well enough for postgraduate studies.


  2. I'm ABSOLUTELY UNSURE WHICH UNIVERSITY SUITS ME BETTER. One will work like magic, the other kills yet I dunno which do so. I am playing coin tossing games here. Heads, Malaysia. Tails, UK.


  3. UK is too pricey compared to tuition fees in IMU. The worst possible ending is stamping in too much cash for bachelors degree that equals as good as IMU's.

Add up together, I have series after series of combinations to choose from and I need more time and space to think...did I tell you I don't have these?








2 comments:

Kah Yee said...

errr...i would like to correct your statement a bit...we do sit for a lot of tests lol.....but not like right after a particular lecture....
and yippeeeee...come live with me! hahaha i'm luring you dont I?
Anyway Bpharm has its pro and cons...

rebecca yeo said...

everything has its pros and cons. i think so as long the pros outweighs the cons and the cons don kill u, = perfect formula.