Patience...

There are somethings in my heart I simply can't translate into words because words seem inadequate or rather my vocabulary failed me. One of the those winds is the heavy feeling down my gut following rejection. Yes, the familiar feeling has returned. The same feeling that reminds you that you are nowhere near perfect or even acceptable, the same feeling that leaves you feeling like an island.

Rather than running off to the solace of my home, this time I know better. Maybe not much better but at least I won't head straight to my shelter.

I have to admit, I did dread to return back here, to the home I never wanted to address. I did wish to stay within the fortress of my consolation, run and hide away from the ugly truth that stings. But here I am, facing the world that seems like never mine.

No, I won't turn back.

History proved that patience is the best virtue.

Once upon a time in my life, there was the worst guy in the whole world. For the interest of the study, we shall call him Cigarette. Dear Mr. Cigarette was a young talented, resourceful, intelligent man whom nearly no one could ever tolerate, lest much to say a person you would come close and confide in. No one in the world except two sweet souls, Salad and Iron who chose to tolerate it all and learn to understand grumpy Mr. Cigar.

Fast forward, Mr. Cigar changed for the better and the world seem to like him. Somehow extraordinary blossomed; Salad and Iron are the only ones that Mr. Cigar would confide with even with all the world's open arms and tender loving care to Cigarette.

Moral of the story, patience has its infinite rewards. From this story, a wonderful special friendship that blossomed out against all odds. It all suddenly hit me; how exactly did a person lose his patience and tolerance completely? All because he lost faith in bullies who succeed to rob him of his faith in humankind, he chose to close his heart out to the world and missed the blessings that the world could offer.

This time I chose to exercise patience with understanding. For all the better reasons, I choose to blossom in this hard soil, no matter how tough life is.

Just like a flower that grew through the cracks of the wall.

0 comments: